ENERGY, OIL & GAS
The Energy, Oil & Gas unit focuses on both Energy (including renewable energy), Oil and Gas (Upstream and Downstream). As a trusted partner and collaborator, the Unit with current experience and innovative portfolio of technologies; safely and reliably improve the performance and efficiencies in the oilfield, energy and research applications.
i. Build research agenda that addresses society’s and industry’s most pressing challenges.
ii. Focused business fields for services.
i. Establish the Engineering Faculties among leading voices on energy, environment, oil & gas.
ii. Establishment of innovation and/or research cluster for industrial-linked-research and strategic partnership (KTP).
iii. Promotes innovation, services, testing, and experimentation/consultancies.
• Working with broad public policy financial surround energy, environment, oil and gas.
• UiTM’S Engineering Faculties as expert’s institution in the inherently complex issues.
• Full utilization of research groups, (EK, RIG) on new energy resources, conversion technologies, efficient storage methods and optimal distribution systems.
• Promote research and industrial collaboration on energy, oil & gas issues arising from energy production, new material, cost saving, energy efficiency in built environment.
• Strong focus on energy types; renewable, sustainable, existing available energy resources and green technologies.
• As think-tank to pursue visionary forecasting and propose new approaches to common problems in the industries.
• As incubator that will move projects from concept to reality.
• To be partnership collective to intensify research collaborations with government agencies (ST, MPOB, ANM, MPRC).
Scientific research for the unit focuses on simulations and experimental approach for manufacturing processes. Manufacturing, Dynamics & Numerical Computation Unit provides essential simulation solutions, experimental approach and laboratory testing & characterization for contractual Scientific research for the unit focuses on simulations and experimental approach for carbon capture, energy efficiencies, safety and hazards, risk management and integrity study of offshore and onshore assets. Energy, Oil and Gas Unit provides essential simulation solutions, experimental approach and laboratory testing & characterization for contractual research with industries. with industries. Offering for the research works cover the usage of advanced robotic welding system, testing on static and dynamic loading and characterization using Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) & X-ray Diffraction (XRD) system.
The Energy, Oil & Gas Unit offers consultation works with regards to design, assessment, experimental and simulation including deep-water operations, enhanced oil recovery as well as other renewable energy including solar energy. With unit members experienced handling industrial consultation works, the range of offering covers from assessment of assets, enhanced oil recovery, manufacturing processes, vibration analysis, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). The outcome from consultations are in the form of technical report for testing and specification.
The Unit offers technical training courses within the energy, oil and gas industry responsible for the development of the relevant offshore standards and recommended practices delivered in accordance with the latest educational methods. Introductory and expert level courses as well as customer-specific-on-site training can be offered upon request.
The Drilling Simulator training program offers for prearranged training programs and customized on demand training for industries. SMRI will house a state-of-the-art training center that can meet the industrial need with technologically advanced system, comfortable, aesthetically-pleasing, and ease of accessibility. The unit also provide free monthly workshops to share the latest available technology for manufacturing process solutions.