Welcome to SMRI
Smart Manufacturing Research Institute (SMRI) was launched on 24th September 2019 in conjunction with our first Symposium on Academia-Industry Collaboration in Shah Alam, Malaysia.
The establishment of SMRI has the following roles and functions:
Technology & Knowledge Transfer
Human Capital Development
Corporate Social Responsibility
SMRI is supported by a number of highly knowledgeable experts and equipped with advanced devices and software. This institute consists of six (6) different units aimed to cover various major field in engineering, namely:
Manufacturing, Dynamics & Numerical Computation
Transport & Infrastructure
Aerospace & Additive Manufacturing
Lean Kaizen & Reliability Engineering
Robotics, IoT & Big Data Analytics
Energy, Oil & Gas
Based on the Roles and Functions, main activities of SMRI are focusing on:
Professional Training & Certification
The units of SMRI are collaborating with various foreign and local universities and companies in the fields of automotive, railways, oil & gas, energy, aerospace, biomedical, maritime and others. Some established collaborations in research, academic and training are listed as follow:
- Professorship of Virtual Production Engineering and Welding Engineering at Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany.
- Chair of Mechanical Engineering at Montan University in Leoben, Austria.
- Metal Forming Research Corporation (MFRC) Korea.
- Faculty of Engineering and Computer Sciences at University of Applied Sciences Osnabrueck, Germany.
- Innovation Lab Fraunhoffer Institute Faculty of Mechanical Engineering UiTM.
- Malaysia Automotive and Robotics and IoT Institute (MARii).
- Birmingham Centre for Railway Research and Education (BCRRE), United Kingdom.
- Thailand Institute of Scientific and Technological Research (TISTR).
Join Us Now!
This webinar provides you with an insight into a case study and learnings from the transformation of a fare structure / tariff-system for long-distance and